KGO-TV/AM Anchor Pete Wilson dead at 62

nicksair

rippwez3.png

Shot at 2007-07-21

Pete was an Icon in the San Francisco Bay Area for more than a two decades, I was honored

and had the privilege to speak to Pete in February of 2000 while he was a KRON 4 (Then NBC)

and he told me that he enjoyed working with the best people in the Bay Area and inviting him

into their homes for more than 20 years and trusted him for the latest news coverage they

deserve. I don't know how many years he's been on television in the Bay Area, but I know

in my mind that he's a San Francisco legend. I remember seeing him at KGO-TV with Susan

Gregory, Pete Giddings and the Channel 7 News team in the 1980's and 90's before moving

to KRON 4 in 1990. All in the Bay Area are going to miss Pete, and the truth of the matter is

that we want to get in television news is because we admire our favorite anchors, Pete Wilson

was on of them. He was an icon by hand without breaking the mold, he was unique, they'll never

be another broadcasting legend or a communicator like Pete Wilson. All of us at TVNewsTalk offer

our thoughts, prayers, and condolences to his wife and family, and his extended family at

KGO-TV-AM and KRON-TV.

Rest in Peace Pete Wilson, We all love you and miss you. :'(

Whoa...this is so surprising...Very very sad news. I am from Southern California and I only began to here about anchors like Pete through the internet. Were it not for this powerful tool and the several trips to the Bay Area, I would not have encountered this powerful, authoritative, yet down to earth journalist. Thanks Pete, It's been a good ride.

How could a routine hip replacement operation lead to a massive heart attack?

Maybe a drop of his heart rate? Heavy sedation? who knows, until an autopsy is done there will be no definite answers. Just speculation.

I remember Pete from his early days with WTMJ-TV, hosting his Sunday night interview show "The Making Of..."

An interesting talent, even back in those days.

To put it in modern southeastern Wisconsin perspective, Pete was Gousha, before Gousha was Gousha. He was good.

Archived