Tom Snyder dead at 71

nynewsguy

Sad to hear that.

He also hosted, among other things, the Tomorrow Show (I am listening online to American Family Radio as I type this and heard them mention his death) and anchored at WABC (I'm not sure if he worked elsewhere) in the early 1980's.

It's been a pretty sad week for those interested in TV news (KGO's Pete Wilson passing, the tragic helicopter crash in Phoenix, and now Tom Snyder).

It's been a pretty sad week for those interested in TV news (KGO's Pete Wilson passing, the tragic helicopter crash in Phoenix, and now Tom Snyder).

We also just lost NFL Hall of Fame coach Bill Walsh. I have the story posted in the "Breakroom". Man, this week in TV News has gone from bad to worse.

We also just lost NFL Hall of Fame coach Bill Walsh. I have the story posted in the "Breakroom". Man, this week in TV News has gone from bad to worse.

What does Bill Walsh have to do with TV News?

maybe he spoke to the media while he was coaching? he was part of the family.

This is definitely the worst week in television journalism in America. First Pete Wilson, then the Phoenix news copter colision, then Marvin Zindler, and now Tom Snyder. It's been very tough for the folks at ABC Television. My condolences. All we are hearing now is about death.

Archived