Weigal buys WJJA

Milw12

From Upper Midwest Broadcasting:

Weigel Broadcasting is buying WJJA/49 (Racine-Milwaukee) from Joel J. Kinlow for $7 million, adding a second full-power station in the market. Weigel owns CBS58 (WDJT), Independent WMLW-CA/41, and Telemundo affiliate WYTU-LP/63. WJJA currently carries the Shop at Home network and Jewelry TV. The asset purchase agreement calls for WJJA to seek special temporary authority to move its transmitter to the WDJT tower in Milwaukee. Weigel may take over WJJA programming sometime between now and September 15 if Kinlow chooses to activate a time brokerage agreement.

Hopefully we will see some quality programming now.

Weigel Broadcasting is buying WJJA/49 (Racine-Milwaukee) from Joel J. Kinlow for $7 million, adding a second full-power station in the market. Weigel owns CBS58 (WDJT), Independent WMLW-CA/41, and Telemundo affiliate WYTU-LP/63. WJJA currently carries the Shop at Home network and Jewelry TV. The asset purchase agreement calls for WJJA to seek special temporary authority to move its transmitter to the WDJT tower in Milwaukee. Weigel may take over WJJA programming sometime between now and September 15 if Kinlow chooses to activate a time brokerage agreement.

Great. The 2nd worst company in broadcasting history owns FOUR horrid stations in Milwaukee now.

Everybody dance.

EDIT: Now that I think about it... if you combine the ratings from WJJA, WMLW, WDJT, and WYTU... I don't think it would equal the total number of viewers watching any ONE of the other stations in the market.

Maybe you'll get some Svengoolie, 3 Stooges reruns, and South Park reruns just like Weigel-owned WCIU in Chicago.

Yeah, Svengoolie has been aired on wmlw Channel 41 for some time. I do have a good feeling that they might air classic sitcoms just like WWME-CA Channel 23 and have frequent nightly movies while wmlw concentrates on their first-run syndicated lineup & re-runs of comedy from the networks. What I don't want to see is they air nothing but ethnic programming like WFBT Channel 48. But we just have to see how this turns out.

WJJA.png

Yet another station to run out of 809 S. 60th Street. I am sure they will take WMLW to full power on 49 and put Ch 41 dark. They may turn it into a translator of one WCIU http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCIU-TV or WWME http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWME-CA out of Chicago. From a former employee of Weigel I doubt they have any other big plans. Maybe there will be a CBS 49 in the near future. Get designing your Logo mock-ups in the Graphics Dept. forum...

Archived