Minimalistic Graphics

KKyuubi

When it comes to a perfect balance between minimalisticness and niceness, what stations have good graphics in those departments?

I kinda think that KARE-TV's (NBC - Twin Cities) HD graphics are actually a pretty nice example of how you can be simple and nice at the same time...who did their graphics? Was it Giant Octopus? For some reason, it just doesn't scream "giant octopus"...more conservative, dark blue and red gradients and a nice shaded NBC Peacock on the bug...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know how WBBM is looking these days, but their 2002 look was perfect. It was simple - but the look was clean, clear, and very easy on the eyes. And since all the competitors were going flashier, it set them apart and gave them a unique look that differentiated them from everyone else.

I don't know how WBBM is looking these days, but their 2002 look was perfect. It was simple - but the look was clean, clear, and very easy on the eyes. And since all the competitors were going flashier, it set them apart and gave them a unique look that differentiated them from everyone else.

WBBM's look has evolved a bit since the clean and simple 2002-2003 blue and white look. There is quite a bit of animation in it now. There are a few more colors now too. The lower thirds have changed a couple times since then. The weather graphics have changed about 3 times since the original 2002-2003 look too. You can see the current graphics on almost any of the videos on cbs2chicago.com. They just seem to get a little tweeking each year.

Other stations must like WBBM's look. WRGB, KDKA, and WBZ have graphic packages based off WBBM's look.

Archived