NBC Olympics bug

ProButtonPusher

Guest GForceTV

As far as I know, the crystal bug will always be used for olympics to keep tradition.

That's dumb. Where's the brand consistency in that? Not to mention, it'll look really crap during the Olympics.

That's dumb. Where's the brand consistency in that? Not to mention, it'll look really crap during the Olympics.

Brand consistency? Are you kidding? Are you that damned anal that the use of a crystal bug (a graphical element that when it's lacking time/temp is virtually ignored by viewers) vs a translucent bug really bothers you? Here's a novel idea, maybe NBC decided not to put shit on the screen that would possibly take away from what is actually being broadcast. It's pretty bad when I a broadcast designer say this but there is entirely too much shit on a TV screen at one time and it takes away from the actual content which is why bad tabloid stations tend to have flashy over the top graphics.

Also you may wanna translate that second clause in your statement to English cause it makes no sense right now.

Brand consistency? Are you kidding? Are you that damned anal that the use of a crystal bug (a graphical element that when it's lacking time/temp is virtually ignored by viewers) vs a translucent bug really bothers you? Here's a novel idea, maybe NBC decided not to put shit on the screen that would possibly take away from what is actually being broadcast. It's pretty bad when I a broadcast designer say this but there is entirely too much shit on a TV screen at one time and it takes away from the actual content which is why bad tabloid stations tend to have flashy over the top graphics.

Also you may wanna translate that second clause in your statement to English cause it makes no sense right now.

But aesthetically the newer DOG looked much better, and much less distracting. For me, it was much less noticeable.

I dun see since we're talking about some gray thing sitting in the bottom left corner as opposed to a clear dealie sitting in the right corner which to me is a position on the screen that draws less attention than on the left.

Archived