ABC 7's 10PM rebroadcast on a digital channel

Spring Rubber

My house just installed its first two HDTVs yesterday, and with it, I discovered the additional local channels that come with a digital TV set. I also dicovered that one of those channels, WLS-SD1, is airing a rebroadcast of the 10PM news right now. Does anyone know if this is the only rebroadcast of any newscast or if they frequently rebroadcast newscasts? I know my dad will definitely appreciate this channel because ever since we dumped cable in favor of satellite about 8 years ago, he's always complained about how he wants CLTV so he can get news whenever he wants. If this channel frequently rebroadcasts the news, then he definitely won't miss CLTV anymore.

On a side note, they should consider getting rid of the large "rebroadcast" graphic in the upper left-hand corner in favor of a smaller graphic that doesn't obstruct the normal news graphics.

WLS has had a couple digital channels for a couple years now. It's on Comcast cable too. There's "ABC 7 News Now" (Comcast digital cable channel 193) which is constant reruns, or live broadcast, of the most current newscast. There's also "ABC 7 Plus" (Comcast digital cable channel 217) which reruns other specials/shows which were shown on ABC 7. I'm not sure which channel is on which number (7.2, 7.3, etc.); however, these channels including NBC Weather Plus (comcast digital cable channel 194) and some other local digital channels are all free with Comcast basic or standard cable. You don't need any of the the digital cable services to get them. You just need a digital cable converter which Comcast can provide you if requested.

About the graphic, they had a couple different "rebroadcast" graphics they've used. One good one and one not so good one. Why they switch it around, I don't know.

WQAD has a digital channel, I dont think anyone watches it, all it does is show the Exclusive Live Triple Doppler, and sometimes the WQAD Storm Tracker, i think it also aires pre recorded broadcasts.

I do :)

I have seen a lot of screencaps of stations that do the same thing as ABC7

WQAD has a digital channel, I dont think anyone watches it, all it does is show the Exclusive Live Triple Doppler, and sometimes the WQAD Storm Tracker, i think it also aires pre recorded broadcasts.

I do :p

I have seen a lot of screencaps of stations that do the same thing as ABC7

lol, I dont get it, but there was suposedly talk to take off airways. but it never happened.

Archived