Cool documentary

Guest cfif

Back in 2002 , when WFTS was briefly "28 News".

They had a good thing going during that time. Why they changed to ABC Action News (what kind of name is that anyway?) I will never know.

They did have a good thing going- I watched. (And I didn't watch ABC Action News.) I've heard several theories, like Scripps being unhappy with the lack of the ABC brand in the station's image. I don' t think that makes much sense because they were '28 Tampa Bay News" beforehand, and both opens mentioned ABC in the voiceover.

Incidentally, it was a shame that Eric Wallace's site's gone. There were some great opens on there, also.

Back in 2002 , when WFTS was briefly "28 News".

They had a good thing going during that time. Why they changed to ABC Action News (what kind of name is that anyway?) I will never know.

They did have a good thing going- I watched. (And I didn't watch ABC Action News.) I've heard several theories, like Scripps being unhappy with the lack of the ABC brand in the station's image. I don' t think that makes much sense because they were '28 Tampa Bay News" beforehand, and both opens mentioned ABC in the voiceover.

Incidentally, it was a shame that Eric Wallace's site's gone. There were some great opens on there, also.

Yeah, I loved TVNewsTampa.com, you can still get bits and pieces of it from the wayback machine.

As for the branding, I think it's fine, but I guess my opinion is sort of biased. ::) I may be able to get an answer for why they changed the branding, sometime this week. I don't think Bill Carey (GM) has been working there since the switch, so I'll have to find out who to ask.

I think Eric did a wonderful job with the documentry, 5 stars! I was asked several times to make a updated one, so we'll see what happens.

As for the branding, I think it's fine, but I guess my opinion is sort of biased. ::p I may be able to get an answer for why they changed the branding, sometime this week. I don't think Bill Carey (GM) has been working there since the switch, so I'll have to find out who to ask.

If I had to take a guess, I'd think it was because of the high cable penetration in the area.

That could be, but it doesn't make sense to do that only 6 months after totally redoing everything- new graphics, vehicle paint, even commissioning a new package. It's not a normal scenario.

Archived