WLVI's new website

RetroCirq

Awesome, that's one of the best CW sites I've ever seen! And I've seen the CW O&O sites and they look worse than this!

Only problems:

• The "Community Calendar" drop-down pushes everything down on Opera 9
  • The Circle 7 logo in the banner loop doesn't look very good, they should maybe try redrawing it in Flash...

Guest Former Member 207

I found it interesting that they had a link to WSVN 7 NEWS in Miami. Talk about cross state promotion. :-\

WHDH and WSVN have always cross-promoted each other's website links.

Guest GForceTV

I don't understand why, in the flash animation at the top, a "New England CW" and a "CW56" logo were shown, but the real, on-screen name of the channel isn't even mentioned. ???

Bring back the old site, I say!

Guest GForceTV

Well, there's always the KTLA, WPIX and WCWN websites...

Frankly, this new website is a copy of WHDH's crappy website, with some "CW-esque" touches and two different logos that don't match the name of the station and/or the logo used on-screen.

They really should have kept the Tribune-style website, but moved it off Tribune's server.

There should be an option to choose between the "old-style site" and the awful new one.

Oh, yeah. Rest in peace, Boston's CW News at 10. It was good while it lasted.

If there is one thing we have to learn about the changing times in the industry throughout this year is this: things will never be the same. WLVI-TV has been a station that I have grew up with throughout my childhood when it comes to reruns of old sitcoms and cartoons. Their newscast weren't so bad anyhow.

Currently living in SoFLA, it also affects the way news is being broadcasted here. Sure, over at BTVN, people are having a scuffled debate over which style is better, the flashier, sexier style of tabloid journalism, or the laid-back, get to the point news.

Personally, NO STYLE will ever bring younger viewers to the news.

Sad but true.

Flash or no flash, people would rather get their news from the internet, or local cable news. South Florida has no cable news channel brining them local news, but you get the idea.

So in the case of WLVI-TV 56, especially the readers LIVING in the boston area, I'll give Fran and Matt a chance. After that, I'll surf the web.

Ed Murrow said it best, "Good Night. and Good Luck." to the people at Tribune Broadcasting.

WLVI-TV "News at 10/Ten O'Clock News"

(April 1984-December 2006)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, not so much for WCWN.

Wowwwwww, they just crapped up the website!

Well, they offically have a website up now.

I can't say it is better than Tribune's old website, but it is better than the placeholder site.

And it's grammatical. "Capital Region's CW". (Well, except in the browser's title bar.)

[Edit] It's only barely better than the placeholder site. It doesn't even have a schedule to TV listings (which would be as simple as linking to TitanTV, like most other local station websites), which I think is the most important thing for such a website. I'll give props for at least having some type of content, though...

Guest GForceTV

Well, not so much for WCWN.

Wowwwwww, they just crapped up the website!

Well, they offically have a website up now.

I can't say it is better than Tribune's old website, but it is better than the placeholder site.

And it's grammatical. "Capital Region's CW". (Well, except in the browser's title bar.)

[Edit] It's only barely better than the placeholder site. It doesn't even have a schedule to TV listings (which would be as simple as linking to TitanTV, like most other local station websites), which I think is the most important thing for such a website. I'll give props for at least having some type of content, though...

I saw that one. The header logo is a 2-minute Paint knock-up job. I could do better.

Archived