Somewhat breaking news.....John Beard is no longer at FOX11!

mbhcity

It is now perhaps safe to say...that John Beard is no longer at FOX11...His bio was recently removed from Myfoxla.com and promos featuring John have not aired for some time. It appears now that John Beard is now gone from FOX.

According to a link I found at Tvjobs.com, It was reported that John Beard was "shown the door" because he has become detached from the FOX 11 10 O'Clock News and has began to show less interest in the program. It has been said that he might retire but other sources say he has been looking for other jobs (it's unknown if he is looking for another job in broadcasting).

He could return, though KNBC, KABC, and KCBS/KCAL already have their hands full and KTLA is experiencing quite a slump. I really doubt KTLA would want John anyway, considering the financial troubles at Tribune, in addition to its pending sale.

So John Beard is now gone, quite a shame, he was a great news anchor. Since the 1990's KTTV has been known to keep its talent for a very long time. Tony McEwing and Jean Martirez ,along with Steve, Jill and Dorothy have been together since 1995. Mark Thompson has been there since 1993, Rick Garcia since 87, Christine Devine since 91, and so many others. Especially in a market where news talents come and go with every generation.

I for one find it rather disappointing that Beard was dropped without an opportunity to say goodbye. Bear in mind the same thing happened at KCAL a few years back when David Jackson, Alan Mendelson, and Kerry Kilbride were dropped without being able to say farewell.

I really could care less for the decision to put Carlos Amezcua at the helm of LA's #1 News. He does not seem fit for 10pm, the same way Katie Couric is for CBS. Jeff Michael or possibly Tony Valdez would make better anchors than Chuck, but the decisions ND's make these days really makes one wonder and shake one's head.

Which reminds me.....whatever happened to Steve Rambo, former weatherman at KCBS and KTTV and a couple of others?

It is now perhaps safe to say...that John Beard is no longer at FOX11...His bio was recently removed from Myfoxla.com and promos featuring John have not aired for some time. It appears now that John Beard is now gone from FOX.

According to a link I found at Tvjobs.com, It was reported that John Beard was "shown the door" because he has become detached from the FOX 11 10 O'Clock News and has began to show less interest in the program. It has been said that he might retire but other sources say he has been looking for other jobs (it's unknown if he is looking for another job in broadcasting).

He could return, though KNBC, KABC, and KCBS/KCAL already have their hands full and KTLA is experiencing quite a slump. I really doubt KTLA would want John anyway, considering the financial troubles at Tribune, in addition to its pending sale.

So John Beard is now gone, quite a shame, he was a great news anchor. Since the 1990's KTTV has been known to keep its talent for a very long time. Tony McEwing and Jean Martirez ,along with Steve, Jill and Dorothy have been together since 1995. Mark Thompson has been there since 1993, Rick Garcia since 87, Christine Devine since 91, and so many others. Especially in a market where news talents come and go with every generation.

I for one find it rather disappointing that Beard was dropped without an opportunity to say goodbye. Bear in mind the same thing happened at KCAL a few years back when David Jackson, Alan Mendelson, and Kerry Kilbride were dropped without being able to say farewell.

I really could care less for the decision to put Carlos Amezcua at the helm of LA's #1 News. He does not seem fit for 10pm, the same way Katie Couric is for CBS. Jeff Michael or possibly Tony Valdez would make better anchors than Chuck, but the decisions ND's make these days really makes one wonder and shake one's head.

Which reminds me.....whatever happened to Steve Rambo, former weatherman at KCBS and KTTV and a couple of others?

Steve Rambo sucked. He should never have been in Los Angeles.

Tony Valdez is a racist or did you not see him on Fox 11 during the May day protest in 2006 with John and Ken from KFI? He should have been fired on the spot.

Carlos Amezcua is an excellent broadcaster and has proved that day in and day out at KTLA for 16 years. He deserves to be the leading anchor at 10 PM. He's earned it. He's better than John Beard. Beard is getting old and Carlos Amezcua will be a great lead out of the younger skewing Fox entertainment programming. Carlos Amezcua may be the BEST male news anchor in Los Angeles period. I expect KTTV to only achieve higher ratings with him at 10 PM. It amazes me in a market that is nearing 50% Hispanic, he is the only Latino English language male anchor on any station in L.A. at 10 or 11 PM (for that matter after 3 PM).

Jeff Michael is weak. He belongs where he is on the "weak"ends. He's nothing special at KTTV nor was he at KABC.

Katie Couric is an idiot. I especially say that after watching the 9/11/2001 coverage again on MSNBC yesterday.

Your ideas are losers and just plain stupid. I'd hate to be working at a station if you were in management. Or is that your name is really Vinnie?

Geez, calm down...I know people love to piss others off and be buttholes just to show how much bravado they have...but this kind of conduct is not needed here and is grounds for reporting. Sorry to be such a narc, but the last thing we need is the same immaturity and tension on Tvspy, I get enough of that elsewhere.

I may not be very interested in Watching Carlos on 11, but that's my view, but then again, he might do really well and I might see him.

Carlos looked very comfortable on the Fox 11 set. He remarked to Mark Thompson that it won't be hard to remember the weather guy's name is Mark (as his weather guy at KTLA was Mark Kriski).

Quite true, nevertheless, Carlos still needs to be careful. Whenever he does teasers or intros for the weather segment, he needs to know that he is working with Mark Thompson, not Mark Kriski. For example, we don't want to see him say, "Will the weekend be a washout, Mark Kriski will have the answers for us tonight on Fox 11 Ten O'clock News."

Archived