The Empty News story yesterday in the Daily News about a Anchor and Reporter

TVNewsAnalyzer

dan gross reported that a anchor and reporter who are married is messing around with each other but didn't say what station it was. I didn't expect him to name the anchor or reporter but to me without knowing what station it was just made his mention of this very pointless. I emailed him and he said it was called a "BLIND ITEM"

KYW's Alycia Lane and WCBS' Chris Wragge. It's old news that was reported in the NY Post a month ago.

Gross specifically mentioned an "anchor and reporter" - both with spouses. Lane (divorced) and Wragge (separated) are both anchors, so it ain't them.

This item is definitely NOT about Alycia.

What I wonder is why this is a blind item this time.

Didn't Dan name Channel 10 several months ago when he ran a mention of two married anchors in an affair?

Maybe I'm wrong but that's the way I remember it.

Didn't Dan name Channel 10 several months ago when he ran a mention of two married anchors in an affair?

You're wrong.

That affair was not from 10 but somewhere else up the dial.

There certainly was an anchor-anchor entanglement at Channel Ten several months ago.

This current one is not at Channel 29 --- unless the same anchor/reporter thing is going on simultaneously at two separate stations.

No.

It's not 10.

See above.

Maybe it's the real reason Susan Barnett had to move to an evening reporter slot. You go, Ukee!

Seriously, saying things like "I know but am not at liberty to say" is so lame. Are we back in grade school? I'll believe it when you say who it is, or don't say anything at all. Anyone can imply they "know" all kinds of things.

is this different than the anchor-anchor story reported months ago? Supposedly one of the anchors got kicked to reporter, at least for a while.

Wrong-o.

This sad tale does NOT star Susan or Ukee.

And I still say there was a channel 10 scandal only a few months ago because it was being talked about everywhere (in the business).

Maybe it never made the paper?

Buddy, let it go with 10.

No.

The "scandal" months ago wasn't at 10.

And it made the paper as a blind item.

Not 10.

Do you work at 10? Are you trying to score some cheap pub by saying your talent's real slutty among themselves?

Really, come on, Tim Lake and who? It. Wasn't. 10.

And I still say there was a channel 10 scandal only a few months ago because it was being talked about everywhere (in the business).

There WAS something at WCAU a few months back. I don't know for certain if it made the paper or not, but I was under the impression that what we heard was the topic of Dan's previous blind item.

This current item that has you all in a tizzy is, I believe strongly, from KYW. And, no, I will not say who the "couple" is, because even if the people in question are stupid enough to wreck their marriages in public, I still won't help them it.

There WAS something at WCAU a few months back. I don't know for certain if it made the paper or not, but I was under the impression that what we heard was the topic of Dan's previous blind item.

This current item that has you all in a tizzy is, I believe strongly, from KYW. And, no, I will not say who the "couple" is, because even if the people in question are stupid enough to wreck their marriages in public, I still won't help them it.

Your impression would be wrong. Dan's blind item from July wasn't from WCAU.

Again: Not. 10.

I'm with you though on this one being at 3, I think.

Archived