Your Station Responds

Mario500

Do you recall making contact with one of your local TV stations and getting an actual response? Shortly after ABC affiliate WEAR replaced "The Jerry Springer Show" with the new syndicated talk show "Living It Up with Ali & Jack", I made contact with the station by electronic mail in reaction to this programming decision. Their response message said that if I was on the Florida side of the market (Mobile-Pensacola), I could see "Springer" on co-owned station WFGX, a low powered station in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, but if I was on the Alabama side I would have to hope "Living It Up" gets cancelled ;D .

"Living It Up" was eventually cancelled, but WEAR replaced it with "The Larry Elder Show", "paid programming", and now "The Rachael Ray Show" airs at 9:00 AM. Looks like "The Jerry Springer Show" is never coming back to analog TV viewers in southwest Alabama as long as WEAR and WFGX have control of the local broadcast rights.

I wrote an e-mail to the ND at WRTV saying "Gosh, a 7 pm newscast would be awesome," not realizing that they had one in the works at that time. After they announced it, he wrote back about it. He was brief, but it was nice that he took the moment to do it.

I wanted to make you aware of our 7pm news announcement. Details are in

the press release link below.

http://www.toddandtrisha.com/?page_id=22

I hope you'll be able to tune in, beginning September 10th.

Thank you for making 6News a part of your day.

jim

WAVY and WVEC are usually good to respond. The last time I wrote a station was with the LIN FOX stations getting the O&O site and that very same day I got a response from the webmaster and the email was like I was having a conersation with him at the studio.

One of the local stations ran a report on a local bridal shop that closed up suddenly without fulfilling orders or providing refunds. During this report, they showed an extended camera shot of a receipt, on which was clearly handwritten the credit card number and type, expiration date, name of the cardholder, and a 3 digit number that I can imagine could only have been the CVV2 number.

I was watching this and was able to pause it on my DVR. I stared at it, dumbfounded. Admittedly, the first mistake is the stupid shop for writing this information on a receipt, but the bigger mistake was the local station for not realizing what it was, and possibly causing financial injury to someone who had already been screwed by the bridal shop.

I emailed the station to let them know, and they quickly responded and mentioned that the shot was not intended to be included. (Why it was filmed in the first place is my question.) They also said that they would let both the reporter and the editor of the piece know, and that the owner of the card would be notified to cancel it.

Archived