WPTY/WLMT wants you to Start Here too

KKyuubi

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/

Yeah, I thought the new "ABC: Start Here" platform was an excellent idea for the national side, but seeing a local station work in elements from tne new branding is just one way of keeping consistancy between any ABC platform, even from the national/local scale. I'm not sure if they're doing stuff from the new look on the actual stations (cause I don't live in Memphis), but still, is pretty neat though!

WEAR, the notorious ABC affiliate in Pensacola, Florida, has recently incorporated the network's "Start Here" slogan into their logo in some station promotions. All they had to do was replace the call letters with "Start Here" in the logo.

WISN also modified their station ident at the beginning of the newscast to adopt the "start here" theme. Previously the voiceover was "One of America's Leading ABC Stations, you're watching WISN 12," and the graphics were a blend of the wavy lines from the previous ABC ident and the typical Hearst-Argyle graphics package. The new open is "Anytime, Anywhere. WISN 12. Start here." and mirrors the ABC identity very closely. (They still have "One of America's Leading ABC Stations" in text on screen, but it's no longer read aloud.)

The open ident is the only modification they've made to the newscast graphics; other than that, they're still using a 100% stock Hearst-Argyle look.

Here, KTUL is now using new promos ending with a "Start Here" theme, adding the bubbles to its logo animation. Though they having adopted it to the Time/Temp ID's.

It's one of the few times i've seen KTUL using some form of network graphics.

KTULLogo.png

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/

Yeah, I thought the new "ABC: Start Here" platform was an excellent idea for the national side, but seeing a local station work in elements from tne new branding is just one way of keeping consistancy between any ABC platform, even from the national/local scale. I'm not sure if they're doing stuff from the new look on the actual stations (cause I don't live in Memphis), but still, is pretty neat though!

WPTY is running some updated promos and idents that I've seen with the "Start Here" Image and Look, including with a slightly altered ABC24 logo that fits the "Start Here" text near the bottom. It actually had only been a few months since they previously revamped their station image. There haven't been any changes to the news image at all, in fact the animated logo at the top left of the homepage is the only place where the new ABC platform and WPTY's news product have been used together to this point. However, I tend to notice that WPTY/WLMT usually adopts new looks and images weeks and sometimes months in advance on their website before adopting them elsewhere. It was probably 3-5 months from when their website had changed to "Eyewitness News Everywhere" before the "Everywhere" was even added to their on-air product.

Archived