New WVEC Graphics

Ntropolis

WVEC debuted a "new" look today... I say "new" because basically they're updated, it's the same blue and gold color scheme they've had since 2001 and the lower-thirds are basically updated with animation. They're shiner and much more slick. They're definitely in-house, but they look pretty good, even though I was expecting more. WVEC's in-house graphics dept. is the best out of the stations here. I really like the new 7-day.

WVEC86.jpg

WVEC87.jpg

WVEC88.jpg

WVEC89.jpg

WVEC90.jpg

WVEC91.jpg

WVEC92.jpg

WVEC93.jpg

WVEC94.jpg

WVEC95.jpg

WVEC96.jpg

WVEC97.jpg

WVEC98.jpg

WVEC99.jpg

WVEC100.jpg

WVEC101.jpg

Video later.

And in case you're wondering... yes, the music is the same.

Wow, I think I can say I really don't like anything about those graphics (or their set for that matter too). Looks like they need a MAJOR overhaul. WAVY def. has the best look in the market by far.

How's this for a change?

I like the graphics. I like Propulsion.

:o

Meh, I agree to a point: I like do the graphics by themselves. I do like Propulsion, as a piece of music. I'd still say it's not my cup of tea for a news music package (no matter how well it goes with a station's look). If I were 615, I would market Propulsion to some of the cable sports channels. But that's just me.

I actually like the animation to the lower-thirds... I didn't care much for the old ones, but the update makes them look a little better.

This morning the bug was like the old one (doesn't extend out to the end of the screen, no animation), I don't know if that was a mistake or what.

As for the music, Propulsion is bleh. There are a few cuts I like, some I don't... I like the one in the open.

I actually like the animation to the lower-thirds... I didn't care much for the old ones, but the update makes them look a little better.

Saw it Tuesday, again was expecting a bit more for the L3's. Other than that, they did an excellent job, especially for in-house.

BTW, I just noticed the background used in some of the screencaps (example: the 2 shot), toward the left-handed corner, the background (at least to me) looks like the background used when WVEC had that Turn to News update.

The gfx are OK, nothing spectacular. It's basically just updated. I really wish they would have changed the L3s entirely. The overstreched font they use for the one line text is annoying IMO. Especially when it's long you can barely read it.

The only thing I really like is the 7-day. According to VARTV, the OTSs are supposed to be animated in like two weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived