WCIV debuts its new logo

Hickman360

I think it's a step up over what they had, but I also think that there's room for improvement. Parts of it look rather simple. Not that there's anything wrong with simple. It just depends on how it's carried out.

I do have to wonder how they got by with their previous logo. Some time ago, someone had posted a link to a CBS site which outlined how affiliates could or could not use "the eye" in their logos. Maybe ABC was just a bit more lax, but I think that WCIV's old logo looked like a test for color blindness gone terribly wrong.

I think it's a step up over what they had, but I also think that there's room for improvement. Parts of it look rather simple. Not that there's anything wrong with simple. It just depends on how it's carried out.

I do have to wonder how they got by with their previous logo. Some time ago, someone had posted a link to a CBS site which outlined how affiliates could or could not use "the eye" in their logos. Maybe ABC was just a bit more lax, but I think that WCIV's old logo looked like a test for color blindness gone terribly wrong.

I wouldn't spend too much time wondering, it seems CBS is very lax with enforcement of their own standards, except when it comes to their O&Os (ie: WBBM), just look up the road at WBTV-3 in Charlotte

Archived