WKRN Shake-up

TexasTVNews

I went to WKRN.com and I cant believe that there has been a anchor swicheroo:

Bob Mueller - Back at 5, 6 & 10pm (Weeknights)

Anne Holt - Back at 5 & 6pm (Weeknights)

Neil Orne - 4, 4:30 & 10pm (Weeknights)

Allison Hatcher - 4 & 4:30 (Weekdays)

Bob Mueller and Neil Orne are anchoring the 10pm weeknights.

Two guys anchoring, I don't believe this.

Want proof: http://www.wkrn.com/anchors

What the hell??!!! That doesn't even look right at all. Allison at the 4pm hour? I thought she would be the shinning star at Channel 2. And Anne back at 5 & 6? I thought she would be retiring by now. I guess not. And two male anchors at 10pm? Were are we, 1977? I guess they're doing this switch so they can at least get more viewers. But they will never beat the powerhouse WTVF NewsChannel 5 or even the WSMV for that matter. That's a very stupid switch that WKRN did.

And two male anchors at 10pm? Were are we, 1977?

Why not? KHOU did it well with Greg Hurst and Len Cannon at 5, 6, and 10pm. I know some say it's a step back in time. I can't recall that many male-male anchor pairings around today (do Rick D'Amico and Ron Hoon still co-anchor mornings at KSAZ in Phoenix?)

But there is plenty of discrimination in broadcast TV especially when it comes to anchor seats (whether or not we want to admit it).

I wish WKRN the best with their anchor reassignments.

Archived