Fox O&O graphics designer

tvweatherman

Which leads to a question I've been asking for awhile:

How much latitude are the O&Os getting to customize this look? It seems to be a lot more than you'd see at other companies doing a generic look. WTXF uses a backdrop and logo treatment I'm not seeing at other stations. Several stations use different l3s. WITI uses a different logo than the standard "tower" one.

It's a smart move if it's planned - doing a unified look but giving the stations enough room to be different. It makes looking at all the different stations interesting.

Well, WFXT was one of the stations that really wasn't up to switching to the new look. They have the O&O BG and logo but they tried really hard to keep elements of the old open in and it doesn't look nice. They have a lot of prepro type and cold open text...again, trying to keep hold of the old look with a background here and there. They do a lot of the stuff in VizRT it seems. There was even a point not too long ago (and it may still be) that FOX 25 wasn't running opens at 10p.

If you look at some of their promos you'd think it was just a logo change...they keep turning stuff out that ISN'T in the O&O look.

Considering that WHDH/WLVI is their primary competition at 10 (and soon to be 11p), I have no clue why they won't embrace the "look" more.

-T

Archived