Former FOX11's John Beard's new website

News4LA

He's finally updated the site, with the old pics, or did he regrow the stache.

Notice, how he also replaced, "bullshit" with senseless.

And in his bio, notice the "word" floundering....Well, it was failing then, and I think it is failing now, but so are all the newscasts in LA, with KNBC possibly the only decent show!

Well, his contract ended today... where do you guys think he'll go next?

Rumor has it he wanted to go to KTLA, but considering all the problems Tribune has...they probably don't want him, or want to offer him a lucrative deal. After all, John was a millionaire news anchor when he worked at KNBC, then he took a pay cut to go to FOX, but later he began making more money there. KTLA, I doubt, would pay anyone more money, considering the many changes that have happened since Hal and Carlos have departed.

Besides, If John Beard were to anchor KTLA, they probably would have still kept Carlos, instead of having him work without a contract. If anything, they would have been better off moving Carlos to the 10pm position and possibly paired him with Marta Waller or Lynette Romero (who sadly they dropped as anchor a while back), instead of having Emmit Miller and Leela Feinstein move to prime time, both of which are better suited for early-morning or weekend programs. Besides, wasn't Leela originally a weekend sports anchor?

Then again, John could also go to the CBS duopoly, but even they have cheapened things up, dumping so many of its news staff, for younger, less experienced talent, most of which prefer to do entertainment and crime news, rather than real news.

I would rather see John go back to KNBC, he was great then and still would be now. But it seems that their bases are full, what with the country's richest local news anchor Paul Moyer, Chuck Henry, and Colleen Williams. Plus NBC's 2.0 budget cuts and layoffs.

I think the same can be said about ABC7. You just cannot touch them!

This tells you about how cheap news operations have become and the increasing decline of television news, particularly local news.

Watching the morning news on KDOC will give you all a reality check of how good the news operations in L.A. are (even KTLA).

There just is no place for John Beard on L.A. tv now. Maybe radio like KNX or KFWB?

Thw Tribune sale goes through in the next month. Hopefully management heads - as rumored - will roll thoughout their properties.

There just is no place for John Beard on L.A. tv now. Maybe radio like KNX or KFWB?.

sorry,broken...keyboard.

KNX...Is...also...suffering...especially....since...David...Hall...took...over...there...a..few..years..back!...It's...not...just...TV....here.

KFWB..is..ok,..but..I..wouldnt...go...crazy...about..them!

Archived