Digital Correspondents

Bsean

I have been reading a few articles about the pros and cons of video journalism, and they seemed a bit heated. I just want to know what everyone's opinion is. Here is San Diego, KGTV has 16 video journalists or "digitial correspondants" as they call them in addition to their regular field reporters. Below is a video explaining how it works at KGTV:

Also, here is the website of 10News Digital Correspondent Kyle Majors:

http://digitalcorrespondent.com/

I also want to know what other stations have adopted video journalism into their newsrooms.

I personally beleive this new wave of journalism is a good thing. The range of reports filed at KGTV since the launch of their program a year ago have been strong and indepth, covering far more subjects than other stations in the city. They are also covering more positive public interest stories which is always great. Anyway, what do you all think?

Archived