Coverage of President Ford in GRR (* aka; Weekend at Jerry's) Thursday Edition

bixpchiphead

*Note: I believe that former President Ford would get a kick out of that description...He did have a good sense of humor...After all, one of the first symposiums held at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum was entitled "Humor and the Presidency" :D

This is going to be broken down into several posts because of the pictures i took

Anyhoo, living in GRR, i went down to the Ford Museum to sign the guest book and to take pics of those (local regional and national) who are shooting us... Of course more will be here as we get closer to Tues Jan 2, and Wed Jan 3, when the former President Retuns home for good

The live microwave/satelite trucks and support vehicles are parked just south of the museum

more in Post 2....

Pic one is a favorite... it is a combo truck for Detroit's WXYZ-TV/DT....They have used the same basic graphic design for their live units since Bill Bonds and ABC ownership.... It is Simple, Direct, and I LIKE 8)

Detroit's WDIV-TV/DT had two live unit's here, one of which is the combo unit in pic 2

More in Post 4

pic one is a travesty. WZZM-TV/DT, west michigan's primary ABC affiliate had an okay graphic design on their Combo truck when they first got it... then the GANNETTOIDS got a hold of it, turning it into one of the most singularly craptacular pieces i have ever seen....

Chasing storms, well okay, at a State Funeral, SO NOT OKAY >:D

Pic two is a reminder of whom all this video, sat time, and microwaving is being done for...

on to part 5

Pic one is the sat Truck of WWMT-TV/DT

and the final pic is a combo unit of West Michigan's NBC juggernaut WOOD-TV/DT*

* your humble scribe lives exactly one block from WOOD-TV/DT's studios

If at all Possible i will try to get more pics as the area fills with more media as we get closer to Jan 2nd and 3rd....

Thank you for your patience...

Pic one is the sat Truck of WWMT-TV/DT

and the final pic is a combo unit of West Michigan's NBC juggernaut WOOD-TV/DT*

* your humble scribe lives exactly one block from WOOD-TV/DT's studios

If at all Possible i will try to get more pics as the area fills with more media as we get closer to Jan 2nd and 3rd....

Thank you for your patience...

Wow, I even saw a WTMJ truck (man, everything about them is always uber-pretty, EVEN THEIR TRUCKS!)

Wow, I even saw a WTMJ truck (man, everything about them is always uber-pretty, EVEN THEIR TRUCKS!)

Except their newscasts.

I'm quite surprised they went out there, though.....how many more out-of-market stations were there?

TMJ used their sat truck once doing a report from Kenosha (A few miles south of Milwaukee), and I got to see it!

Speaking of TMJ, during the noon news, they did a live shot from downtown Milwaukee, and WITI was in traffic behind them. This is the second time I've seen WITI's truck on WTMJ news. The first being back in March when TMJ did a five minute live shot with a WITI live truck behind them. ::D

Archived