Atlanta Native Joining WSB-TV As Anchor/Reporter

TexasTVNews

My honest opinion as a WFAA viewer:

[YT]YwEMxYggoKQ[/YT]

(Just proves there's a YouTube clip to suit any occasion :mad: )

Call me nostalgiac for the good ol' days of Daybreak (before Scott Sams called Alexa Conomos a Greek B--- during a staff meeting), but at least get someone who isn't so "wet behind the ears" as Justin comes across. The only smart solution I can see is to sweet-talk Michael Rey back from KDAF. Do we have any clue as to who WFAA has in mind to replace Justin?

Not to get off track, but of late, I have little faith in WFAA's ability to know good talent when they see it, and then put said talent where it ought to be. I still say the hiring of the arrogant Pete Delkus was a complete and total mistake. To be fair, I have been very much impressed with the likes of Bob Greene, and WVEC's Craig Civale. Cynthia Izaguirre...as far as my approval as a viewer, meh, the jury is still out on her; but I can tell you from watching News 8 Midday earlier this afternoon, it wan't the same as the bubbly "gal-pals" feel that I as a viewer got from when Alexa and Debbie Denmon shared the Midday helm.

I think Brad Hawkins would make a great replacement on Daybreak. The hours would be brutal, but he's a top-notch anchor and reporter...great guy.

I agree with you about how good Brad is, but as far as moving him from weekend-nights to weekday-mornings: No, Dear Lord in Heaven, No. The weekend-night crew (Brad Hawkins, Shelly Slater, Steve McCauley, and Joe Trahan) is solid, and consistantly blows away anything KTVT, KXAS, and KDFW ever thought about doing. No, don't break up the weekend-night crew. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

My shortlist of possible replacements I'd like to see (out of current DFW talent):

Bob Greene (currently at WFAA, probably the best choice)

Steve Pickett (a longtime field reporter at KTVT)

Michael Rey (formerly of WFAA, now at KDAF)

Jason Overstreet (KDFW)

Archived