KNBC Does 6PM Standup Newscast for first time

btbrtq3

KNBC usually does their 6PM newscast (sitting down) in their newsroom desk with Chuck Henry and Ana Garcia. For some reason today, they did the newscast standing next to eachother in the corner of their studio with the desk emtpy just behind them. As long as I've been watching, I've never seen them ever do a newscast standing up for any reason. I wonder if they're doing it tomorrow again.

Uh oh looks like Aguire at NBC 11 up north has started a trend' date=' hmm interesting news thanks for sharing.[/quote']

No, not really. KNSD started doing their 4:30 pm newscast with both anchors standing up and they move around the studio in that half hour. NBC 7/39 "Connected" as they brand it, started about 2 or so years ago. So no, Aguirre did not start that trend. As for KNBC, maybe they are trying something different, doesn't hurt to. KNSD's 4:30 show is pretty good compared to their 4pm newscast. The newscast is much more interactive, with more in depth stories, and less of the fluffy crap.

Yup. They are doing it again today. They are slightly moving around. When Chuch moves somwhere, Ana moves with him, and vise versa. They also slightly changed their OTA graphics to fit the change. They are bigger, and do a "swing-in" to the side of them.

Very nice change and nice "swing in" graphics. I never cared for the newsroom set. Ana & Chuck always looked too cramped together in the newsroom.

Hopefully when NBC finishes with the HD Transition of WMAQ NBC5 Chicago, KNBC will be next. I was looking at Chicago forum it looks like WMAQ was having a tough time with the transition and automation.

Gosh, I hope so (KNBC HD). It's about time for the nations 2nd largest NBC/everything market to go HD! Has anybody written any letters to them about that yet? Also, it seems like a different "mood" for KNBC to do this. A better mood then before. Also, the robocam operator for KNBC has a lot more work to do now. The anchors are moving here to there, and every shot has to be adjusted as they are going. They seem to be adjusting the camera while doing every shot. Also, I just saw Fred Rogin (Sports) just casually but literally walk in to the shot to give a teaser.

Uh oh, a camera accidently pulled into the view of their closing shot of the newscast. Then in about 2.5 seconds, it backed quickly out.

I seem to recall that KIRO-TV, the CBS station in Seattle, tried stand up newscasts and actually had ballet teachers coach the anchors in walking towards a camera while reading the news at the same time. It didn't work out too well, and the news desk was brought back.

Archived