Issues with the WFLD bug

Spring Rubber

At the start of the 9 o'clock broadcast tonight, the bug reverted to what appears to be the default O&O state; it displayed "NEWS" on the bottom portion, creating a redundancy with the "NEWS" that's a part of WFLD's logo. Also, the time appeared with "pm" in lowercase. I don't recall seeing that on WFLD before. Shortly thereafter, the bug was changed so that it's currently only displaying "CHICAGO" and the temperature - no time.

At the start of the 9 o'clock broadcast tonight' date=' the bug reverted to what appears to be the default O&O state; it displayed "NEWS" on the bottom portion, creating a redundancy with the "NEWS" that's a part of WFLD's logo. Also, the time appeared with "pm" in lowercase. I don't recall seeing that on WFLD before. Shortly thereafter, the bug was changed so that it's currently only displaying "CHICAGO" and the temperature - no time.[/quote']

They had an little technical issue with their normal evening bug tonight so the bug used later in the 9PM newscast was the morning bug. I think someone may have accidentally deleted the normal 9PM bug so they tried throwing together a new one fast forgetting to change a couple things.

WFLD has 3 seperate bugs. The noon and 9PM bug has the word "CHICAGO", the time, and the temp rotating on the bottom red. The 10PM bug has the words "THE TEN", the time, and the temp rotating on bottom. The 5-9AM morning bug only has the word "CHICAGO" and the temp rotating on the bottom because in the morning, they have another seperate small red bug on the bottom right of the screen constantly showing the time.

Sometimes, they'll forget to change the 9PM bug to the 10PM bug so during "The Ten", the bottom red of the bug will still be showing "CHICAGO", instead of "THE TEN".

Archived