Happy New Branding WWMT!!

lugnuts6

At Midnight, WWMT TV West Michigan's Channel 3 has changed their news branding

Gone is "NEWS 3, WHERE NEWS COMES FIRST"

Now its "WEST MICHIGAN'S NEWSCHANNEL3"

Music is Frank Gari's "CBS Enforcer"

New bug,music and graphics, I have some examples from their webcast of the ch-ch-ch-changes,as well as the old look ..Comments???

Seems kind of pointless. Are they offering any new services that would make "Newschannel3" make better sense than "News 3"? "Newschannel" seems to be a fading brand in the industry; "News" seems to still have tooth.

Of course, I think they should never have changed calls 20+ years ago from WKZO. :)

jim

At Midnight, WWMT TV West Michigan's Channel 3 has changed their news branding

Gone is "NEWS 3, WHERE NEWS COMES FIRST"

Now its "WEST MICHIGAN'S NEWSCHANNEL3"

Music is Frank Gari's "CBS Enforcer"

New bug,music and graphics, I have some examples from their webcast of the ch-ch-ch-changes,as well as the old look ..Comments???

I must say I'm a fan of the logo. It's different, it's off the wall, and it's orangish yellow. Hope it does a fun little dance in the open or soething

Uh, should explain a bit, for those who remember WKZO TV,I found the old Fetzer logo from my grandma's old Tiger yearbooks...

WKZO was technically the Tigers Flagship for awhile if all recall

From what ive seen of the new bug on its newscasts , it turns left to right like WDIV's

I can still hear the old jingle in my head: "News active people, TV AcTiVe 3!" Whatever that was supposed to mean!

(I used to watch WKZO and WOTV [when that meant Channel 8] from my grandparents' home near Dowagiac when I was a kid in the late 70s and early 80s.)

What the hell does that mean ???

News acTiVe 3

ahem? clever pun anyone?

From what ive seen of the new bug on its newscasts , it turns left to right like WDIV's

No, but it does animate though (has a little shine effect) from what I saw, doesn't tilt though.

Archived