WALA hires new co-anchor

tyrannical bastard

Lenise Ligon, former morning anchor at WBTV Charlotte who was let go in January has been hired as Bob Grip's co-anchor for WALA Fox Ten's main newscasts. She starts March 31st.

Here's the story from Lagniappe Mobile:

http://www.lagniappemobile.com/article/1340

At least from her picture, she looks like an Anissa Centers clone...who was anchoring until December when she left the station after 11 years, to follow her husband to Atlanta.

I was expecting someone currently employed at the station to be promoted to news presenter, but I'll give Lenise Ligon a chance and so will many longtime viewers. When I went to Lagniappe's website early in the evening, the WALA article was not there with the others.

• 2 weeks later...

Lagniappe has updated readers on the status of former WALA news presenter Anissa Centers. On March 3rd, she will begin working for WSB-TV, where she will present the afternoon news on Saturdays and Sundays. She will also be reporting during the weekend morning news programs, along with other newscasts for three days a week.

Archived