New CBS 2 promo

qwertywcbs

I just caught a new promo. It goes like this.

Shot of Maurice: "My name is Maurice DuBois, and I anchor CBS 2 News this Morning"

Shot of Kristine: "My name is Kristine Johnson, and I anchor the noon and 5 o'clock broadcasts on CBS 2"

Shot of Kate: "i'm Kate Sullivan, and I anchor the CBS 2 News this Morning"

Shot of Chris: "My name is Chris Wragge, and I anchor CBS 2 News at noon and 5"

Shot of Jim: "I'm Jim Rosenfield, and I anchor CBS 2 News at 6 & 11"

Shot of Dana: "I'm Dana Tyler, and I anchor the 6 & 11 o'clock news on CBS 2"

then shows the CBS 2 logo without the CBS text.

What is the point? We know their names and what they anchor. It's been drilled into our heads with all of their stupid promos in the past.

What is the point? We know their names and what they anchor. It's been drilled into our heads with all of their stupid promos in the past.

Yes, we do. Very few on outside have a clue. The promo and sales department are on a mission to drill it in. Why? It's obvious- names, faces and places change every single year.

Problem is though, you can run that spot 24/7 but if people don't care for you, not only will they not remember your name, they just simply won't tune in.

So all in all, indeed, what is the point?

Archived