KPIX Starting 10:00pm News on KBCW

caliwxdude

This topic has already been brought up a little in the HD News thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread here since it's sort of a big deal.

KPIX is starting a daily 10:00pm newscast on KBCW, the CBS O&O announced in a press release last Friday. The 30-minute show will feature 11:00pm anchors Ken Bastida and Dana King on the weekday shows, and weekend shows will have Ann Notarangelo at the helm.

This marks the first time KTVU will have some real competition at 10:00pm. The last time a station went up against KTVU at 10:00 was the KNTV-produced KBWB "WB20 News at Ten," which lasted around two years and was finally cancelled in 2002. KPIX, however, is home to the Bay Area's top-rated late newscast, and with Dennis Richmond's impeding retirement, now is a great time for someone to step in and grab a slice of the prime-time news pie.

Ooh....this is going to be interesting....Plus let's face it with Dennis Richmond, Sara Sidner, Leslie Griffith, and Mark Curtis no longer anchoring...I have a feeing that KTVU could end up like KTLA when Hal Fishman and Carlos Amezcua went, let's hope not...

Good for PIX though...they've been consistently good, even without Good Ol' Dave Mac.

Ooh....this is going to be interesting....Plus let's face it with Dennis Richmond, Sara Sidner, Leslie Griffith, and Mark Curtis no longer anchoring...I have a feeing that KTVU could end up like KTLA when Hal Fishman and Carlos Amezcua went, let's hope not...

Good for PIX though...they've been consistently good, even without Good Ol' Dave Mac.

Sara Sidner....... name sounds familiar. Wasn't she at one of the DFW stations for a while?

Archived