WDIV changes their look a bit

KKyuubi

This morning I noticed some differences in WDIV's graphics, firstly we got new L3's, and some of the backgrounds and all that seem to be using a more White, red, blue, and orange-like color scheme compared to the darker look they had.

When their huge ticker is on during the Morning Powerc-*excuse me*, Local 4 News Morning, the new L3's kinda look like a pasty blue version of WNBC's. The only thing that animate on them now are that red shine across the top, but the faded look does look a bit nice.

It's interesting, but I still kinda think that the old font choices and the old L3's did look nicer. Seems more like a VDO package than a RenderOn now...

I haven't seen the new intros yet, but I just hope they're just as good as the old one. Hey, least they got rid of that "FRom the Power of 4 and ClickOnDetroit.com" thing in their intro (which got even worse when they tagged "In High Definition" to the beginning), replacing it with a seperate pre-intro sting for their site.

Also, here's a screencap from their website for those who care:

15630188_320x240.jpg

tl;dr - they meh'd up the L3's and the fonts. looks a tad nicer

They even did a subtle tweak to the set too, but they havent dumped the "From the Power Of FOUR and Click On Detroit Dot Com" open .. its now...(drum roll)

Your watching LOCAL 4, the HOME of Clickondetroit.com.. Local 4 News at ___ starts now!

It's been like that for awhile now, hey least we get the Local First News signature without that largely drawn out intro...

And technically, it was "INHIGHDEFINITION...From the Power Of FOUR and Click On Detroit Dot Com, Local 4 News at _____ starts now"

Archived