WCBS Musical Sports Anchor Chairs

SuitSnob

Adding insult on top of insult to their viewers, can WCBS make a descision about who and where their sports anchors are? Holidays notwhithstanding, they just keep on rotating them. Make a damn choice (and I hope it is that they give the terrific Ducis Rogers the lead slot).

I agree with you Suit.....Ducis deserves it. I like Kevin alot too.

I think Sam Ryan is gawd awful and I hate to get personal but not at all attractive either, which you would think they would go for in trying to get the average male viewer. Someone on the other board thinks she's a dude. They may be right, LOL. I find her look and presentation very irritating to watch. I hope Ducis or Kevin get the slot. A few ywears ago when Dianne was there, they were trying to bring over Beck.

Correction, well maybe it isn't a correction, maybe you are right canitgetanyworse, but Dianne tried to bring over Len Berman. Ironically, Beck had been CBS 2's lead sports guy and Len had been the weekend guy for CBS 2 at the same time back a couple hundred anchor teams ago.

Kevin cannot and will not become lead. Well, I also shouldn't say that. With CBS 2's new direction, he will become. I just don't like him. He comes across more scripted than even Chris Wragge.

Ducis would be a good choice, but he does too well with Maurice and Kate in the mornings. I don't think anyone in sports thought that Chris' opening would come as quickly as it did, so they weren't ready.

Sam won't become lead because she also does CBS Sports, which would just be too hectic of a schedule by any standards, including Chris Wragge's.

My prediction: Since WCBS hasn't already picked someone, they are definitely looking outside the station for someone. I doubt in the market. Probably looking at MSNBC and NBC affiliates in the top cities, and probably looking pretty heavily into the Philly market.

I agree that CBS 2 is likely going to pick an outsider for the job as lead sports anchor, though it would be nice if Ducis could get the promotion and the outsider could do some other slot on weekends or something.

But I disagree with canitgetanyworse's opinions of Sam Ryan. I liked her a lot at ESPN and I was excited when I heard that CBS 2 was getting her. Include me on the list of her fans.

I agree with you Suit.....Ducis deserves it. I like Kevin alot too.

I think Sam Ryan is gawd awful and I hate to get personal but not at all attractive either, which you would think they would go for in trying to get the average male viewer. Someone on the other board thinks she's a dude. They may be right, LOL. I find her look and presentation very irritating to watch. I hope Ducis or Kevin get the slot. A few ywears ago when Dianne was there, they were trying to bring over Beck.

There are so many female sports anchors nowadays, and frankly I just don't buy it. The local exception is Reichia Candidate on FOX5, there is a real enthusiasm for sports that is very clear, and she is able to speak quite well extemporaneously about it on Sports Extra on Sunday nights with mega-hunk John Discepolo. Sam Ryan and that chick over at ABC would both be fine as general assignment reporters or anchors, but it just seems that they wanted to hire women as sports anchors as opposed to hiring interesting and energetic people regardless of their gender. (Where did Chris Wragge fit into this? Don't ask me...)

(Where did Chris Wragge fit into this? Don't ask me...)

blond hair, blue eyes, young.

That just about sums it all up. I do have to say his suits and ties have cleaned up quite a bit since he went into the anchor chair. Not great, but a hell of a lot better than the loud and ugly crap he'd been wearing previously.

Archived