What happened to Chopper 2?

donotlikeliars

Has anyone else noticed that CBS doesn't fly their chopper anymore? Did they fire Joe Bierman? He was doing all of the flying after that horrible Nicole O'Brien was fired. Maybe he quit? Since 2 seems to be able to take talent form other stations, why don't they try getting one of the other chopper people in the city over there. Maybe then they would fly the chopper again. I bet Maurice would love working with Jill!

Has anyone else noticed that CBS doesn't fly their chopper anymore? Did they fire Joe Bierman? He was doing all of the flying after that horrible Nicole O'Brien was fired. Maybe he quit? Since 2 seems to be able to take talent form other stations, why don't they try getting one of the other chopper people in the city over there. Maybe then they would fly the chopper again. I bet Maurice would love working with Jill!

I did notice you don't see it that much anymore. Brendan Keefe was in it reporting with a camera inside of it for James Brown's body at the Apollo, which I thought was odd. I should have seen that as a sign... no Joe, but I missed it.

They really do need two chopper reporters (morning and night) and if they are running on 0, thats another strike against their news division. Before Jim Smith was good, which is why I guess WNBC wanted him for evenings.

I know that Joe does not work directly for WCBS, but is this just another part of the sweeping changes going on at 2?

Did mangement request another airborne reporter for Chopper 2 or is Joe just on vacation or something?

Anyone know?

Biermann's still with CBS 2 but the chopper has been down due to budget reasons.

It's still available for breaking news and it'll be back up in a few weeks for sweeps.

I wish they could do something to get Dan Rice back for the morning shift.

Archived