Missed audio cues at WISN - what's up?

LoadStar

Has anyone else noticed within the last two weeks or so, WISN Milwaukee has had all sorts of missed audio cues in the studio and other messed up audio? There have been lots of instances where the anchors toss it to sports, weather, or another in-studio reporter, and it takes a few seconds for the correct audio channel to be selected.

Usually production values at WISN are top notch, making all these mistakes even more obvious. Are they doing something new there, or is it just someone new at the audio board?

I know some WISN folk read this board, maybe they can shed light on it. I'll check out MilwaukeeHDTV to see if anyone else has noticed.

I think PTV is right though, most likely new audio guy.

You ever watch FOX6 Wake Up? Start a tally of the missed audio cues in one show. (Although, I give them props - it's a 4 hour show, so I can't blame them.)

New audio console, perhaps???

Before our automation, we had a new mixing board day, which I ran the first show on. I had no practice runs, and I made no mistakes. The things described above sound like our first month on Overdrive. A few months later, these things still happen from time to time.

Tonight at 6 there was:

• 2 incidents where a L3 showed at the wrong time.
  • 1 incident where the text for a L3 came up, followed by the background of it, then it disappeared. It also had nothing to do with the story at hand.
  • The web promo close was a disaster. First there was a fade to black then cut back to studio video, followed by the video positioning itself where it usually does for the web close without a background. when the background came up, the process repeated correctly.

Archived