WAGT 26 now NBC Augusta new graphics and other stuff from 114

WYFXFox35

:p

WAGT went the route of WFMJ and went Giant Octopus on their graphics. They actually look good as compared to the old WCNC/MSNBC intro. They still have the old NBC 26 bug but that must be later on.

WRDW changed their music to In Sink and gave up Metropolis

WJBF has the Media General music, only heard it on the radio on 87.7. Could be better I think.

They should've stuck with News Matrix, but that's me...

WAGT's been previewing their new graphics slowly over the last two weeks phasing out the "old" TVBD package elements and working in the new GO graphics. It's sort of disappointing, because I much prefer one big change over slow and gradual tweaks. The graphics, however, look great and the choice of cuts from "The Rock" are quite fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQFMHCiMz2g

[more video]

here's an example of the graphics and music cut changes (fantastic) for "NBC Augusta Morning News". Not yet fully converted to the GO graphics package yet, but there's a promo/community service message for airline travel in the middle after the weather open showing what they will look look like soon. My personal favorite cut of "the rock" package is the one WAGT is currently using for their weather stingers. Sorry, there was only one good franchise open I could capture; "new information"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0icsflClyY

...because they don't know how to unveil a graphics package all at once. They go at a snail's pace in weekly phases and drag it out painfully. They just changed the bug to an "NBC Augusta" version a few days ago, and all that's left are the lower thirds and OTS's.

Archived