The Mike Wallace Interview

WXmanTim

Before joining CBS and 60 Minutes, Mike Wallace hosted a half-hour interview program on ABC, titled The Mike Wallace Interview.

Several year ago, he donated the original kinescopes to the University of Texas-Austin and they recently uploaded the original full-length interviews to their website.

They are a fascinating look into the past and news makers in the early years of television.

Not sure how to describe the music...interesting to say the least.

Yeah, not something you want your speakers turned up to loud for, lest it scare you out of your skin.

The thing I get the biggest kick out of is how he was able to instantly turn from "interviewer/interrogator" to "jovial cigarette pitchman" and right back again without the benefit of a break.

Look down, pause, look back up: cigarette pitchman.

look down, pause, look back up: hardened news interviewer.

Yeah, not something you want your speakers turned up to loud for, lest it scare you out of your skin.

The thing I get the biggest kick out of is how he was able to instantly turn from "interviewer/interrogator" to "jovial cigarette pitchman" and right back again without the benefit of a break.

Look down, pause, look back up: cigarette pitchman.

look down, pause, look back up: hardened news interviewer.

I thought something similar to what you just mentioned...

Archived