Propulsion Phase 1

I don't like it... maybe it's because it's not what I expected.

I hope WVEC doesn't pick this up, I don't imagine this package on there. Maybe they'll pick up a different package from 615 or a "Propulsion Phase 2" will be made with a different sound.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm thread bumping this because this package rocks that much. The way KHOU uses it is amazing, as I think the open with the synthesizer pad makes the presentation dramatic enough to be taken seriously by older viewers. The electric guitar and the thumpin' bass effectively attracts the younger crowd. The Sprit signature rocks as well. It's not typical 615, but they have pulled off quite the reinvention with this release.

There are a couple of duds, including the rapping close featured in the sample. Could you imagine a reputable news operation ending a newscast with a rap? Overall, though, this release has me definitely looking forward to Phase 2.

Since Phase 1 had The Spirit of Texas signature, maybe Phase 2 will have The Spirit of Hampton Roads signature taken from Convergence. That would make a perfect update to this Belo package.

From what I've heard Phase 2 will have the Hampton Roads signature. I just hope they get rid of the whole computerized beat box feel. It just doesn't work for news. It sounds like I'm going to a rave and not watching a newscast.

The sig in WVEC's open sounds like "Spirit of Hampton Roads"....can anyone confirm?

The Propulsion sig does sound kinda like "Spirit of Hampton Roads" but I think what OKC means is it'll carry the Convergence signature.

That's still phase 1 in that video... they just added a Propulsion ID cut to the beginning of the main open.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived