7 on Your Side

Link

Didn't ABC 7 in Chicago used to do news reports called 7 on Your Side back in the 80s and early 90s? I know they still do at WABC in New York as well as some of the other O&Os.

KABC just brought back the "7 on your side" segment with Ric Romero focusing on economic issues facing the country recently. Though KGO has used the segment for quite some time.

IMO, the "on your side" idea is stupid. Think about it, what station would ever be "off your side" or "against your side"?

While I believe it is one of the more popular station themes across the country, the idea still lacks in the intelligence department.

IMO, the "on your side" idea is stupid. Think about it, what station would ever be "off your side" or "against your side"?

While I believe it is one of the more popular station themes across the country, the idea still lacks in the intelligence department.

7 on Your Side, at least in NYC, refers to consumer rights and advocacy reports, not a slogan like "Works for You" or something like that.

I don't think you get the point. Someone contacts the station because they didn't get something, like a reimbursment, so they contact the station, and they do a report on it, which usually is successful. So the station is advocating for a person, they're "On their Side". It makes perfect sense for a title of a segment, I don't know what's so hard ot understand about that.

I don't think you get the point. Someone contacts the station because they didn't get something, like a reimbursment, so they contact the station, and they do a report on it, which usually is successful. So the station is advocating for a person, they're "On their Side". It makes perfect sense for a title of a segment, I don't know what's so hard ot understand about that.

When it becomes part of the station ad, it is a slogan or a branding. Your comment is not high math. However, you seem to not see that when a commercial airs a comment, say that station X is "on your side" or "news leader" or "highest rated" it is a slogan. All of the above might be true about station X, but when it is used in an ad it is a slogan or branding.

btw, many stations have those phones open for 2 hours - one day per week. So much for "on your side".

Archived