Ex-Arnold Stations: Do You Like Their New Packages?

jdcnow

Me personally,:

>> I love WFAA's new Propulsion package.

>> KTVT: It'll do for now. Don't really care for it, but it is a nice peice of music, though.

>> KTXA: I don't see them changing, since they just got that theme last year. I hope they won't.

>> KDFW: Granted they changed to the Fox O&O package long before the SESAC mess started. But since they are an ex-Arnold station: I must say that the new O&O music package has really grown on me. I love it.

Your thoughts are welcome...

Thanks ;D

I do like WFAA's 615 Propulsion package but it will never be Evolution. KTVT needs to get something new and quick. This stuff they have now is borrring.

I don't mind WFAA's, but like you said, evolution was better. KTVT's is just horrid! BTW, they got a new VO, it sounds like. I'm absolutely glad that KTXA hasn't changed! KDAF, I could care less about ;)

KTVT needs to get something new and quick. This stuff they have now is borrring.

Agreed. To the head of KTVT's Creative Services dept.: Catch the next available flight out of DFW to Nashville, and in-person, throw yourself upon the mercy of 615's front doorstep!

Agreed on WPHL's new package. It's a step up from what they had, and the variety of cuts they're using - even for a 30 minute newscast - is amazing, especially since our town is of the "use one cut repeatedly" mentality. (Don't believe me? Watch KYW or WPVI sometime...)

I said "don't know" for WVEC's production music because it's obviously temporary. I kinda like a couple of cuts they're using, like the one they're using for stingers, it sorta reminds me of the FOX drumroll in The X Package.

Well... they switched to Propulsion tonight. It sounds better than I thought it would, though they're using the main theme that WFAA and KHOU are using for the open which I'm not crazy about. It's definitely grown on me. Now, all they need is new graphics and a new set to match the new music.

I do like KHOU's new Propulsion package as well. But I do think I like Evolution better. Although, KHOU is using a lot more themes with Propulsion than they did with Evolution. KHOU only used the main theme from Evolution, at least they are expanding their horizons with Propulsion.

It turns out WFMY isn't using Alchemy News, but rather production music. However, I think they do about as good of a job as you can with production music, in terms of variety and making it sound like a "package." It doesn't sound that bad either, and I like the way it "echos" at the end, kind of unique.

I don't like the new MG Package at WSLS. It's very boring and seems to lack variety. And the way WSLS butchers it doesn't make it sound any better.

Archived