WKRG Reporter To Go A Month Without Gasoline

Mario500

On WKRG’s 6:00 PM newscast, investigative reporter Tiffany Craig announced from her automobile inside the station’s garage that starting tomorrow morning she will be leaving the car in park for an entire month. “Every night”, according to Tiffany, viewers will see how she goes from work, back home, and elsewhere by other means that don’t require gasoline.

She won’t even ride in her cameraman’s van, as that is considered cheating by “the boss”, or station manager/vice president Joe Goleniowski, successor to the late D. H. ‘Buck’ Long and C. P. Persons from the era of the Giddens family’s ownership of TV5.

It turns out that the boss Tiffany Craig referred to earlier was news director Dan Cates, who appeared in a taped report for the 10:00 PM newscast. It was nice to see parts of the WKRG building that viewers rarely see.

On her first day of "keeping it in park", Tiffany Craig carpooled to work over seven miles with fellow reporter Jessica Taloney after contacting her on the previous day. There was no mention of how she returned to her West Mobile home from the WKRG building in midtown Mobile. The next report airs Monday.

Since the reporter was not using her own gasoline in the carpool, she was not cheating.

Can't have it both ways.

She won’t even ride in her cameraman’s van, as that is considered cheating by “the boss”, or station manager/vice president Joe Goleniowski, successor to the late D. H. ‘Buck’ Long and C. P. Persons from the era of the Giddens family’s ownership of TV5.

I've gone without gas for many years....I drive occasionally, but I also use mass transit to get to work (I live in Los Angeles, mind you, and we do have a nice growing mass transit system here) and ride a bike.

I think what she is doing is wise, but let's face, there are tons of people who live without Gas....apparently some people have never been to New York or Chicago or Boston, not that I am encouraging relocation to those cities, but perhaps it might set an example, d'oh...oops, my mistake, I am taking a political stance here, I'd better stop.

As for gas prices, well, others pay more elsewhere and they have done it for years. The prices may be dissappointing, but's lets face it, there must be quite a few slow days in the assignment desk for reactionary stories, On your side consumer segments, and reporters experimenting with such ideas, unless there is some drastic change or something significant, like a hurricane or a Black-Tuesday-esque stock market crash, we must stop here and get to real news.

In her first full week of "keeping it in park", Tiffany Craig and her cameraman Arnell Hamilton walked two miles to the main bus stop of Mobile's Wave transit system, but first she asked for permission to bring a camera on board a bus. Part two of them reaching the bus airs at 10:00 PM.

Tomorrow she will try the neighborhood bus service.

Archived