KTTV expands Morning News starting July 14

Guest Former Member 207

Guest Former Member 207

I saw the promo a few times during today's I Love Lucy block...Fox 11 will add a thirty-minute newscast at 10am starting Monday, July 14. The previous day's TMZ will air at 10:30am, giving it four showings a day (4:30am, 10:30am, 6:30pm [first-run], and 11:30pm [repeat of the 6:30pm show]). Here's the midday lineup...

5am Fox 11 Morning News

7am Good Day L.A.

10am Fox 11 Morning News

10:30 TMZ

11am Mike & Juliet

12pm Tyra Banks

1pm Wendy Williams (the often-contreversal urban radio host gets a six-week tryout stint on a few other Fox-owned stations, as well as KCOP)

2pm Temptation (2x)

3pm Montel Williams

Ahh...Alas, KTTV is finally boosting its second-rate news department with a 10am newscast. Please Note that I do not consider the KCOP program at 11pm a newscast, as it is not. Could this perhaps signal potential for an Evening Newscast with Carlos and Christine, thus dropping those godawful reruns of Malcolm in the Middle and TMZ and Putting the Simpsons on at 7 and 7:30, and King of the Hill at 4pm........Or are the folks at KTTV still lazy, as they still use the same set, Good Day LA has the same graphics, since 2000. Plus they have yet to go HD. Come on, KTTV, this is not Bakersfield....get competitive!

Also, notice the loss of "I love Lucy" on weekdays, unless they move to 13, a KTTV tradition.

I'm happy that they're starting a 10am show. As for TMZ on FOX11, That's too damn much. I mean, 4 times in one day? They couldn't find no other show to put on after the 10am show? They should've kept the long-time tradition with Lucy, at least at 10:30am.

Do I think they would start an early evening newscast to compete with 2, 4 & 7? It seems likely but I think it will be very gradual process at Channel 11. I still think they're lazy, though I'm shocked that they've thought about extending the news for another half an hour in the morning. So I hope this new newscast will boost some ratings.

Guest Former Member 207

I Love Lucy will still continue in its 9am hour on KCOP, and I would safely assume it will continue its late-afternoon block on weekends on KTTV. I also agree that four showings of TMZ is overkill.

Archived