Amy Jacobson sues WBBM

CircleSeven

Well it appears that Amy Jacobson has filed a lawsuit against Channel 2 for airing the videotape featuring her at Craig Stebic's residence last April. She stated that she hasn't found a job since her firing at Channel 5 and hoping that suing CBS can get her a job. Ahern & Rob Johnson is listed, among others in this suit.

More here in today's Feder Article.

This is gonna be a lovely sight to see! Who will win this fight?

Just another example of people using the legal system for their own advantage. Amy Jacobson made a horrible choice and now she has to pay the consequences. I am sick and tired of hearing about her. I hope the case is thrown out of court.

I can tell you guys that there are quite a bit details not listed in Feder's article/column that work towards Jacobson's favor..

The lawsuit is more than just getting fired for what she did. She got fired from NBC 5 and she understands why she got fired. This has nothing to do with getting her job back at NBC 5 or even getting a job at CBS 2 and has nothing to do with the fact that NBC 5 fired her. This has to do more with something that CBS 2 did on their side which if it happened to you, you'd be doing the same thing. Unfortunately, those of you that don't work in the business in Chicago don't get to see or read about the "other side" of this story. She even mentioned a couple of the details when she was on The Roe Conn show a while back. When/if this goes to court, these details will definitely be released.

I have a really good feeling that Jacobson will get something out of this.. And as much as I really don't want to say, payback (not to Amy, but to someone else) is going to bite hard on the ass.

Also, don't always go by what Feder puts in his columns/articles.. Eventhough he does a good job letting people know what's going on in the Chicago TV/radio world, there are many things he does purposely leave out to "side" on an issue.

The whole thing with Jacobson suing is that WBBM recorded her without her knowledge on private property which is illegal in the state of Illinois, even if you are the worst rated News station in Chicago. :) But the illegal recording did come up earlier in the scandal. I'm surprised it has taken her this long to sue those bastards at WBBM. And I highly doubt Jacobson is using the lawsuit to her own advantage. Yes, she did make a mistake and she admits that but WBBM made an illegal mistake. Amy paid for her screw up, now WBBM has to pay for theirs.

I hope she wins this lawsuit. I don't agree with CBS 2's tactics at all and I don't think most viewers did either which led them even further in the ratings basement.

Archived