Which network morning show do you watch?

WWSBfan

Which network morning show do you watch?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which network morning show do you watch?

• Good Morning America "GMA"- (ABC)
    • The Early Show- (CBS)
    • Today- (NBC)
    • None of them

Topic for Discussion: Network morning shows.

Question: Which network morning show do you watch?

Good Morning America "GMA"- (ABC)

The Early Show- (CBS)

Today- (NBC)

Please post with your vote!

I have always watched GMA. Never liked the "Today" show, mostly because I didn't care for Bryant Gumbel and, later, Katie Couric and CBS (though its many incarnations) was rarely, if ever, even on my radar screen.

I don't get to watch any of the morning shows much anymore, mostly because of my class schedule. This summer, though I do see snippets on the monitors at the station, I don't have time to actually watch.

What caught my attention the other morning, however, was Sen. Obama appearing on all three of the morning shows simultaneously. All three were tagged "One-on-one with Senator Obama" and used the same camera shot for all three (obviously a pool arrangement); only "Today" was tagged as "Live" (on the east coast, of course).

It got even wierder in that all three were basically on the exact same rundown for the first two segments: Obama, then California wild fires. CBS cut to their newscast segment a little earlier than the the other two, I noticed.

It's really quite sad. Where once all three had their own personality and look, they are now all derivatives of each other. GMA is a little more yellow-orange than "Today" while CBS has more wood grain (with the recent update), set wise.

GMA has two female lead anchors (Diane and Robin) with two male co-anchors (Sam and Chris) while CBS is a little more traditional with its opposite sex leads (Harry and Maggie) and female co-anchor (Julie). "Today" is the most traditional (in the initial two hours) with its opposite sex lead pair (Matt and Meredith) and opposite sex co-anchors (Anne and Al).

Unless you knew which network you were watching, there is little between the three that makes them stand apart from the other.

I watch Today, when I can. It seems to be the most professional out of the three, and just seems more "fresh". There's something about GMA that I don't like...it's very bland and boring. The Early Show is simply a mess.

Archived