WITI's Set "Remodel" - One month later

Weeters

It's been over a month since WITI left the newsroom and went back the the overly-hyped set "remodel" that consisted of new carpeting a new desk, new faux monitor insets, and a new TV in the sports area.

I've noticed that since they moved back in to the studio, the anchors rarely venture more than a few yards from the desk. The toss between the 5 and 6/9 and 10 anchors are done in front of the FOX6 etched glass just feet from the desk. The "Satellite Center" duratran lights aren't even turned on anymore (You can see this during "Ted's Take" or once in a while during the close). I haven't seen the vertical plasma or National Desk area once, not counting wide shots of the studio. They're doing exactly what the set designers didn't want them to do, and that's sit at the desk and read the prompter, not moving around the set. To top it off, the set is 10+ years old.

I think it's about time for a new set. I don't know if they can still get a O&O set now that they're owned by Local TV, but they need a new set, and bad.

Archived