Weigel & MGM lanching a new "This TV" national network

lazynetjunkie

Weigel & MGM are teaming up on a new "This TV" national TV network based out of Chicago. You can read more about it in Today's Feder column: http://www.suntimes.com/business/feder/1077828,federthis072808.article.

The network is meant for stations around the country to use to fill one of their digital stations; however, I have the feeling some independent stations around the country may just use this for their main station. I know some stations around are already signing up.

Here in Chicago, it will be on one of WCIU's digital channels.

I first read this news from this B&C's article very late last night. This ain't nothing but another digital subchannel network like the new LATV & .2 network. And according to this user from AVS, he states that the channel will be on 26.4. So WCIU-TV will have it's main channel and four (count 'em) FOUR digital subchannels, including the ethnic subby-FBT 26.6.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm shocked no one has posted this. But since Weigel is focusing more on the new "This TV" channel and their, they're selling all three low-power stations in neighboring market South Bend, IN to Schurz Communications, which housed is the flagship station of WSBT 22. More on the article with steamy comments here on WSBT's website.

Archived