Launch of WMBF

Ntropolis

Ok, so I'm watching their live feed right now, and I'll have to say, they've got a number of obstacles to overcome in terms of technical issues, but it is only their first day. The only thing I'm having a problem with is, when most stations do live streaming, if memory serves, when they go to commercial, they typically go to black with no audio, or a slate saying the live stream will return soon, however, WMBF's live stream (and maybe this will change) goes to black, but you can hear what's going on if they open the anchor mic's, and that could come back to bite them in the behind IMHO...

Not a bad job overall, especially for the first day. I'm glad to see they didn't cheapen out and go SD just to meet a deadline, but rather are full 16:9 HD. It's also nice to see a Raycom station embracing all aspects of the internet and digital age at once. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come at all stations. Website is very well done. I do find it interesting there is little usage of their station channel in the logo, especially as the new kids on the lineup. I'm hoping for their sake people who have tuned in traditionally to channel 10 on Time Warner will continue to identify with the new station.

As for the mics, I agree they should turn them off during the commercials, at least for privacy sake (since sometimes confidential information is discussed). In general it likely shouldn't be a cause for major concern, just something to consider.

Archived