New Set Design Company

Que

Nice in Pixles, but would look terrible IMO.

The "News 9" one has some design flaws. Like the frosted material behind the weather desk where the monitors are mounted. There's nowhere to run the cables for the monitors attached to those, unless they're run out the back through the duratran. Otherwise you would be able to see them running up, and that would be ugly.

I don't see where they will get their resources/supplies to build this stuff.

You know right that FX and Inergi are the only design firms that actually build in house, BDI and PDG outsource, they just design and draft the sets no building.

So it looks like the guy who quit the FX Group is now making his own sets?

Who is that? Michael P. Hill?

It is my understanding that they only do design and don't build. Their website says they want to provide a better design by focus on designing and not the building of it. They use their trusted partners for that.

I have never head of their parent company.

http://hdmediaventures.com/

Their designs are ok. The renderings don't look to realistic though. I like their innovative-ness, but I think they need to spend more time on them and pay attention to detail.

Also, as a side note, I was wondering what station would want to fork over enough money to buy 30 plasmas for a news set.

setjb5.png

Archived