The latest on the WGN Evening News plans?

Spring Rubber

I've been in college since last week, so I'm a little removed from the Chicago TV scene, but I seem to recall seeing an ad of some sort for the WGN Evening News shortly before I left; was I dreaming, or is it indeed coming in the very near future?

Based on the promos they've been airing on Channel 9, it's set to air on September 15th. I'm unsure about the WGN Midday News since they haven't aired those promos yet. But I'm "assuming" that it will also be aired on the same day. The 11:30am-12pm portion of the midday news and the new Evening News will be aired exclusively on Channel 9.

Well, that's a shame about the Chicago exclusivity, but I kind of expected it since that's how all of the newer news ventures there seem to go. I guess I'll have to phone my parents and have them record it for me for when I get back. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived