Darlene Rodriguez/Lynda Baquero

j.wer

I found it interesting that I caught a small portion of tonite's 6pm show where Darlene was filling in for Sue Simmons. I imagine the network is grooming her for evening news with Erika Tarantal being groomed to take Darlene's spot. I found it very ironic that Lynda did an in studio report and has not subbed with Chuck in Sue's absence. If I recall the two started out about the same time, but Darlene is on an upwards career path, while it appears Lynda is going in the opposite direction.

I am surprised as well that Lynda has not filled in for Sue on the evening news ever since she left the anchor desk back in May. I always thought that Lynda was pretty good and she has been at WNBC since 1995. It clearly appears though that they are grooming Darlene to be Sue's replacement. Erika Tarantal has also been on the morning news a lot over this past summer. In my opinion, she has become a great anchor and has a lot of chemistry with the rest of the morning team.

I am really enjoying Erika in the morning. She has a great voice to wake up to. It would be interesting to keep a pairing of Darlene an Erika for the AM hours. I don't care for Michael at all and would not be the least bit upset if his contract wasn't renewed.

Speaking of Today in NY, Megan Meeny (traffic), stinks! She needs to get a thesaurus to help her find some new adjectives when describing traffic incidents. As of right now she makes it into childrens hour traffic!

Lets root for Erika!

Archived