Time Warner, LIN Reach Agreement

Chief-O

Unless someone in the Kimberly office pulled a big boo-boo and is feeding WLUK to us Northeast Wisconsin customers, I think there might have been some agreement of some sort in the Time Warner/LIN TV dispute. I haven't seen anything official anywhere [hence, the parentheses in the thread title], not even on LIN's own site.

Are there any other folks here that are seeing their local LIN station back on TW?

EDIT: CONFIRMED! Although their site may say nothing, WLUK just mentioned that an agreement has been reached.

I should mention one thing that came out of the deal---WLUK's signal is now available on TW's HD service. [there was a separate dispute over this a few months back]

BTW, Dave---if you could, could you please edit the thread title, now that it's confirmed?

I never understood why TV stations would want to charge a company that basically ensures that their signal still gets seen when the tower goes out, at no cost. If anything, stations should be the ones paying for cable carriage.

Archived