Ugh, why KYTX?

ThatSowislander

I saw this vid the other day. Worst presentation of graphics (why can't they get they own graphics instead of whoring off the network, I don't care if you're in market #3 trillion), them dropping the "Eyewitness News" name to "KYTX CBS 19 News" (what a mouthful) and not to mention that this has to be the worst VO I've ever heard in my life. And oh yeah, weren't that the same station that taped that show "Anchorwomen" last summer and on the day after the premiere aired, FOX yanked that show quick? I'm more than happy that KLTV 7 is the bread and butter of that market.

They look like bastardized versions of graphics from CBS News...The Voice Over is horrendous as well...

The only vestige of the Cinemagic package is the station ID. So what is it? KYTX CBS19, CBS19, or CBS 19 Eyewitness News, or stranger still, KYTX CBS 19 [Eyewitness] News?

You wouldn't see those on most TVs. The cut-out space is outside of the safe zones.

I don't know... I'd say that is VERY far away from the edge of the screen. Many 4:3 TVs show that area, not to mention the HD sets... Just very sloppy.

They look like bastardized versions of graphics from CBS News...The Voice Over is horrendous as well...

The only vestige of the Cinemagic package is the station ID. So what is it? KYTX CBS19, CBS19, or CBS 19 Eyewitness News, or stranger still, KYTX CBS 19 [Eyewitness] News?

I wonder if the graphics are primarily from CBS. The background that the ID is keyed over appears to be the standard CBS primetime programming graphics, and the 3d stroke effect is a) too complicated for KYTX and ;) mirror image of what KDKA uses for their CBS issued primetime programming bumper (although using a different background.) That and the similarity to the CBS Evening News graphics and...?

In any event, terrible execution. Another bastardized package for KYTX. I wasn't a fan of the repurposed KDKA graphics (mainly because, like Arial, Serpentine doesn't belong on the news) but they looked better.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived