Network Fight Songs For Market's NFL Team?

PelicanGuy

To those in Chicago, Indianapolis and Boston (well, New England for that matter)

Any stations in those markets have their own so-called fight song promos for the market's respective NFL teams (Bears, Colts and Patriots)?

WWL is running its "Bless You Boys" Saints promo again with new footage and a revamped graphic (see my avatar and below). Promo song: http://www.wwltv.com/blessyouboys2.mp3

WDSU has unveiled a "fight song," which I only caught the tail end of.

Back in '04 when the Eagles went to the bowl, I think every station in the market changed their news package to "Fly Eagles Fly". If the Eagles hadn't stunk up the joint last season and went very far, I would have completely grown a hatred for it.

Are you referring to the one that starts "Houston's got the Oilers, the greatest football team..."? That one, though, had no tie-in to a local station.

I don't know if these could be called "fight songs," but...

When the NFL moved from CBS to Fox in the mid-90's, a notable promo on WNYW was a customization of the "Kickin' It" music for the Giants and their new (primary) broadcast home.

For the Jets, there were musical promos especially for the team on WNBC (last years of the Peacock's AFC package) and WCBS (notably, a Jetsons-esque promo and a customization of the "No Place..." campaign centered on Gang Green).

More recently, the 2005-06 Steelers had a special version of WPXI's updated "Stand Up" promo for their SBXL run. [KDKA did something similar with its "Here's 2..." for the SBXIV championship squad.]

Archived