Scott Steele Returns to Milwaukee TV

Guest Dylan

Scott Steele, former morning weatherman on WITI, known for forecasting the weather with his dog Spunky and telling people what to wear by dressing up the dog, has returned to Milwaukee television after several years over at WTMJ.

Steele's contract was not renewed by WITI several years ago (maybe someone else remembers when that was?) and has not worked in television elsewhere since.

Guest Milwaukee12

I believe his contract ended in '99 or 2000. He has lost some weight and looks less dorky with the goatee. I just hope Spunky doesn't make a comeback.

Well, I loved Spunky!!! He was a worthy succesor to Albert the Alley Cat of

yore. And the kids really liked him. Let's face it. Unless there's a really big

weather event, the day to day forecasts are just plain repetitive and boring. Scott, accompanied by Spunky made for a nice diversion while still giving us the weather outlook. When they were over on Fox, Spunky got more fan mail than any other "personality" on their news broadcasts. I stopped watching the 6 news when they let Scott go & switched over to 12.

I'm thrilled Scott (at least) is back in town. He's the best forecaster we've had in Milwaukee & I hope TMJ knows they've got a winner. Could get rid of boring Craig to make room for him!! I'll tune in to TMJ for awhile to see what happens.

Guest Milwaukee12

Well, I loved Spunky!!! He was a worthy succesor to Albert the Alley Cat of

yore. And the kids really liked him. Let's face it. Unless there's a really big

weather event, the day to day forecasts are just plain repetitive and boring. Scott, accompanied by Spunky made for a nice diversion while still giving us the weather outlook. When they were over on Fox, Spunky got more fan mail than any other "personality" on their news broadcasts. I stopped watching the 6 news when they let Scott go & switched over to 12.

I'm thrilled Scott (at least) is back in town. He's the best forecaster we've had in Milwaukee & I hope TMJ knows they've got a winner. Could get rid of boring Craig to make room for him!! I'll tune in to TMJ for awhile to see what happens.

"My mommy dressed me funny because of John Malan." - John Malan when at WISN.

I think John Malan is one of the best in Milwaukee. It's sad to see all the good anchors and "weathercasters" retire.

• 1 month later...

Archived