One Year Ago Tonight......

CircleSeven

They finally removed the two big concrete barriers with the 2 1/2 foot opening in the middle? It's about time.

Yep they did, after leaving it there for several months, even after they removed that big blue sheet they had covered over that new glass. On that week when they fenced that flower bed before removing those concrete barriers, I guess that's where they placed those burrows. And even when I see at the end of the early evening newscast or portions of the 11am show where they show them folks waving on camera, there are literally burrows in the middle of the flower beds and a couple on the concrete in between the two beds, right adjacent to the curb. I'm not too sure if they have the burrows right near the corner on State & Lake (near that "L" stop). I haven't been around there for a minute.

Channel 7 returned using the interview set in July, but prior to that, they conducted interviews from their other studio (where they do other segments) behind their news desk set.

I'm not sure if this was from the crash or not (I'm pretty sure it is), but when I was down in Chicago in August, one of the sections of the broken glass hadn't been replaced, you can see it in this photo (image quality is not that good, you can see it's broken by the way the order of the lights in the ticker changes).

Just thought I'd share.

I'm not sure if this was from the crash or not (I'm pretty sure it is), but when I was down in Chicago in August, one of the sections of the broken glass hadn't been replaced, you can see it in this photo (image quality is not that good, you can see it's broken by the way the order of the lights in the ticker changes).

Just thought I'd share.

You must've took that picture on the 9th of August, the day they announce the death of Bernie Mac, which it was stated on the ticker.

Archived